Saturday, July 20, 2013

The Details

My doctor gave me the official operation notes from surgery, and I must say it is a pretty cool read if you are into that stuff as I am.  I thought I would post some of the details here for anyone interested.

Preoperative Diagnosis:
  1. Right hip labral tear
  2. Cam impingement
Postoperative Diagnosis:
  1. Right hip labral tear
  2. Cam impingement
  3. Focal grade 4 articular cartilage defect, superior acetabulum
  4. Synovitis
Operative procedure:
  1. Right hip arthroscopy
  2. Labral debridement
  3. Microfracture acetabulum
  4. Femoral plasty, right femoral head
  5. Synovectomy
  • There was an attempt to "salvage the anterior superior labrum; however, this was extremely attenuated, degenerative and frayed and did not hold suture."  
No wonder it took 3 hours rather than the 1.5 they thought originally!  So that is the nuts and bolts of it...if anyone has any questions or comments to share, feel free!

No comments:

Post a Comment